Have you ever had a kitten or a cat with an eye full of gunk? I have had a couple over the past few years. And, I have successfully cured the cat’s eye issue without a vet visit. How do I do this, you ask…well…I simply steep a cup of black tea.
You can do this too, in a matter of a few simple steps:
- Steep a cup of black tea
- Let the tea cool to where it is warm (you don’t want to burn the cat’s eye)
- Using a washcloth or paper towel, dip an end into the warm tea…not wringing the tea completely out of the medium (towel/washcloth).
- Gently wash the cat’s eye to remove as much gunk as you can.
- Using a clean spot of your medium (towel/washcloth), dip it into the tea and squeeze 5-6 drops of tea on the eye.
- Repeat these steps for 3-4 days, 3-5 times a day (I usually steep one cup of tea and warm it as I need to during the day).
Within a short few days you should notice the eye opening fully again and no gunk coming out of it. If this isn’t the case, then it’s time to make a vet appointment.