Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by Best Buy. A FCS team member will receive compensation in the form of cash payment or a gift card. All opinions are those of the writer.
- All together now – Watch movies, shows, live TV, YouTube, and photos streaming on your TV from all your family’s devices.¹ (We can’t cast/stream photos using the Chromecast we have)
- Stream from your phone to TV – Plug Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV and to power and stream your favorite entertainment right from your phone with just a tap. Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more. And while streaming, you can still use your phone as you normally do.
- Works with the streaming apps you know and love – Enjoy TV shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube TV, and HBO NOW. Find more at g.co/chromecast/¹
- Start streaming with just your voice – Just say what you want to watch from compatible apps and control your TV hands-free, with Chromecast and Google Home working seamlessly together.² – “Ok Google, play Stranger Things from Netflix on my living room TV.” ¹ (our Chromecast doesn’t have the ability to use Google Home).
- Upgrade your TV for less – Expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV. It’s so affordable you can get one for every TV in the house. (This was a HUGE money saver for us).
- High-speed wireless connectivity – Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
- Compatible with your existing HDTV – Easily connects to high-definition televisions with HDMI connectivity.
- ¹ Subscriptions are required to view some content.
- ² Google Home, Chromecast, and compatible content required to cast to a TV using Google Home.
- Web-based services and content require high-speed Internet service. Some services may require a subscription.
Now that you’ve discovered the New Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player and all it has to offer – can you see the savings to be had? Is this a device that would fit into your life? We absolutely love the older model we own; though we did have to buy an HDMI switch to make it work with our TV, but it was well worth it. Check out the New Chromecast Streaming Media Player at Best Buy.