Walmart is bringing back their layaway plan for the holidays.
Here are the details:
- Program begins on October 17th
- Customers must spend at least $50 to sign up for layaway
- Each item has to be priced at $15 or more
- Customer pays a $5 fee plus puts 10% down
- Payments and item pick up must be completed by December 16th, or pay a $10 cancellation fee
This is a better alternative than putting your purchases on a credit card with a high interest rate. Personally, my game plan would be to buy all my higher ticketed items early and pay for them accordingly using the layaway plan. The little stuff can always be purchased later. I hate seeing a huge bill come in after the holidays. It’s just so depressing!
Make it a great day!