This post brought to you by Walgreens. All opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s talk about prescription drugs. They are outrageously priced; and yet, so needed by many individuals in order to have the best quality of life one can have. There are way too many individuals who are underinsured or uninsured. Luckily, to help combat the costs of these much needed medications by these individuals; many retailers have come up with prescription drug savings plans – including Walgreens.
The Prescription Savings Club at Walgreens is a comprehensive plan that is currently being offered at a special discount for annual memberships. For $35 a year, a family membership covers everyone in your immediate family, including a spouse, dependents 22 and younger, and pets! Yes, you read that right – pets included. For an individual, the cost is $20.
What does this membership get you? A lot! You’ll receive discounts on:
- More than 8,000 brand-name and all generic medications
- Over 400 generic medications value-priced at $12 for a 90-day supply
- Discounts on flu shots, pet prescriptions, nebulizers and diabetic supplies
- Savings on weight loss, birth control and smoking cessation medications.
- Discounts on select pet prescriptions (human-equivalent medications only)
- Bonuses when you purchase Walgreens and Nice! brand products and photofinishing services
No, this is not an insurance; but it can certainly help combat the price of the medications one needs that are too expensive to purchase through their current insurance (their deductible is higher than what one get the drug for under this savings plan). Or maybe the situation may be where one needs a drug that their insurance doesn’t cover or a situation where an individual has no insurance coverage. This plan certainly can help with those costs.
You can find Walgreens on Twitter and you’ll also find Walgreens on Facebook. Follow them along to keep up with their latest news.
Please follow and like us: