For instance, if you don’t claim your page username, one won’t be able to go directly to your fan page by simply typing in www.facebook.com/fingerclicksaver. Instead, they will have to do a Facebook search or know your entire page URL such as: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Finger-Click-Saver/130181410378629.
Claiming your username is very simple to do but beware you cannot change the name once you’ve claimed your name – so be sure it is typed just the way you want it to be before hitting claim. You also need to have at least 25 fans to claim your name.
Steps for Claiming Your Page Username:
- Log into Facebook
- Go to your Fan Page (you must be an administrator)
- Click on ‘Edit Info’
- Click on the ‘Basic Info’ tab
- You will see a section that says “username”
- Click on that, type in the name you want to use in the empty box (even if the first box has your page name in it)
- Click ‘Check Availability’
- If your name has not been claimed…claim it.