Jerri Ann over at Trash Can Bloggers has given the Trash Can Bloggers a writing prompt this week of:
Seven Things I Want to do Before I Die
I know many folks have bucket lists – I don’t. I don’t have what I would consider a “real” bucket list, because for me, I know realistically that the things on my list wouldn’t happen. I’m not being a pessimist here, but my life has been devoted for the past 29 years to caring for my son (he is severely disabled), which is a 24/7 job that is very hard to get away from for any length of time now that he’s an adult. Aside from that, I certainly wouldn’t ever consider doing anything that would risk the possibility of me dying sooner than later – like sky diving – I’m good on that despite that it looks so relaxing.
That said, I do have some aspirations, and mine surely aren’t elaborate, but hey, it’s my list, and they’re my dreams, and I’m what you could consider a conservative kind of gal.
- Go back to Las Vegas
- Take my son to Foxwoods (my dream, but needs to happen before I die or before I lose him again)
- See my daughter get married (she tells me THAT will NEVER happen)
- Enjoy my grandchildren (I’m told she’s NEVER, EVER having any babies…no matter what!)
- Go on a cruise
- Go to Disney with my daughter
- Visit New York City – preferably with my sister and daughter
As you can see – my aspirations aren’t anything extreme, but that’s okay because as long as I can live long enough to see these things become reality – I will still have time to work on another list 🙂
What’s on your list?