Have You Ever Tried Cooking Your Beef Roasts Like This?
If I could afford to eat beef roasts every day of the week…I would. I love steak and roast beef. The only way I cook my beef roasts is using the high heat method. In case you’ve never heard of this method…this is how you do it:
- Preheat oven to 500*
- Prepare beef with the spices you chose…today I used: Pepper, Garlic Powder and Rosemary
- When the oven is fully preheated, turn down the temp to 475* and put beef in oven, uncovered
- Cook for 7 mins. per pound of beef
- Turn oven off and DON’T open the oven door for 2 1/2 hours
- The meat is ready to serve at this point. If you chose, you can heat it up for a few minutes, but I find I don’t need to. The meat is well-done on the ends and medium rare in the middle…it’s scrumpdillyicious!
- Slice the meat into thin (1/2″ or thinner) slices if you’re using eye round roast. This high heat method will take a tough piece of meat, when sliced thin, to a new level.
Give it a try…you’ll be amazed at how delicious this is and in case you’re wondering…most high scale restaurants cook their beef using the high heat method.