Almondina – Seriously Thin. Seriously Light. Seriously Crunchy. Seriously Healthy!
There’s only two cookies/biscuits on this planet that I have an urge for every now and again. One I have to make and the other I will purchase. The ones I have to make are chocolate chip cookies with very little chips and lots of nuts with the amount of sugar called for in the recipe reduced to about half. The other cookie is the Anise Pizzelle. With that being said, I have now found a biscuit that I can add to my list – the Almondina® All Natural Gourmet Biscuits.
I was invited to review their line of biscuits and I fell in love with with them! They are addicting! I’ll tell you why in a bit, but want to give you the background of how this biscuit came about.
The Almondina® All Natural Gourmet Biscuits recipe has been passed down from generation to generation, finally making its product appearance in the market in 1989. Have you ever heard of Yuval Zaliouk? He is a world renowned musical conductor. Now, and for the past two decades – he has been the owner of Almondina. It was his grandmother, Dina, who originally named these biscuits the Petit Gateau Sec. Once Yuval Zaliouk began his mission to market the biscuits he renamed them, Almondina – after his grandmother.
The Almondina company is based in Ohio and his Almondina Biscuits are sold in all 50 states as well as several foreign countries. Almondina distribution has expanded and is now readily available at stores such as Fairway, Hy Vee, Giant Eagle, Brookshire, Mollie Stone’s, Hannaford, Jewel, Whole Foods, The FreshMarket, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Cost Plus World Market, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and many others. You can see their complete distribution using their store finder.
Why We Like Them
You ask what did you find so great about them? Well for starters – they are healthy! Secondly – they have almonds. I am a nut freak, but have to eat unsalted nuts as salted nuts create a digestive upset of sulfur burps. The sliver of almonds that are throughout these biscuits add the right flavor to the biscuit – meaning their flavor doesn’t overpower the biscuit.
Then when you add that the biscuit is about a 1/4″ inch thick – it’s not too thick to bite into or to chew. Then there’s the just right amount of chewiness to the biscuit. You’re puzzled right? Wondering why this is a bit chewy? Guess what! They have raisins in them! And should you NOT like raisins – I think you’d be very surprised that you really don’t taste the raisins; because if I did, I wouldn’t eat these biscuits – I hate raisins! It was actually my bad by not reading all the ingredients in the biscuits before I decided to indulge in them.
Lastly, the fact that they are ALL NATURAL – containing no cholesterol, added fat, trans-fats, preservatives, or salt – one couldn’t ask for a better biscuit to consume. At only 30 calories per biscuit – one can enjoy more than one while having their beverage of choice without feeling guilty. I’ll take all-natural any day over the processed biscuits, cookies and junk foods out there – those preservatives and additives are so not good for us…what about you?
Almondina® Biscuits are:
- All Natural
- Free of cholesterol, coloring and preservatives
- Made with no added fat or salt
- Low in calories – only 30 per slice
- Kosher and Pareve (non dairy)
- With tea or coffee
- As a cracker with cream cheese, Brie or other soft French cheeses
- With a glass of sherry
- Crumbled as an ice cream topping
- Served to youngsters with milk
- As a delicious breakfast on the way to work
Almondina® biscuits in the following flavors:
- Chocolate Dipped – the Original® dipped in the finest, pure, rich dark chocolate was previously offered only certain times of the year is now available year round
- Delights – The Original® Almondina totally encased in Milk chocolate
- Yogurt Dipped – Brantreats® dipped on one side with a layer of all natural yogurt
- Original – America’s all natural favorite with almonds and raisins
- Chocolate Cherry – We combined the world’s finest dark chocolate
with plump cherries to produce an irresistible, decadent treat without guilt.
- Choconut – Rich tasting crunchy chocolate, but low in calories
- Cinnaroma® – The original biscuit for cinnamon lovers
- Gingerspice – Trend setting, with chunks of Australian ginger
- AlmonDuo® – Double-nut wonder with almonds and pistachios
- AnniversaryT – Award winning delight with a touch of anise
- BranTreats® – Made with oat bran and the finest cinnamon “Cookies For Breakfast”
- Sesame – Irresistible, exotic, flavorful
- Seasonal Pumpkin Spice – A seasonal attraction with a delightful touch of fall spices combined with the highest quality almonds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
Almondina Gift Baskets and Samplers
Almondina has several gift baskets and Sampler packages for purchase on the Almondina website. These would make a great gift for those who like all-natural foods, as a hostess gift, or a Christmas present.
**Previous Winners of Almondina Product Giveaways are NOT eligible to enter this giveaway**
We are giving away a Sampler pack of the Almondina Biscuits. Rafflecopter is being used to collect entries in this giveaway. Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. Giveaway end date is 06/24/2014 @ 11:59 PM. GOOD LUCK!