Considering all the toxins that line our frying pans these days – I was all too excited to learn of the Ozeri Green Earth Pan featuring Greblon®. I was sent the 8″ frying pan to test out, and so far, I’m loving it.
Greblon® is ultra-safe. Greblon® has no harmful heavy metals or chemicals. It’s 100% FREE of PTFE (a man-made material better known as Teflon®) and PFOA (man-made chemical) This ceramic non-stick coating derives from Germany.
As with any cookware, there are certain measures to be taken to make the cookware last -always read about your new cookware prior to use.
Tips on how to use and care for the Ozeri Green Earth Pan featuring Greblon®
- Clean it with a soft cloth or sponge
- Season the pan lightly – preferably with olive or vegetable oil but other natural oils can be used
- Use lower heat – as the Green Earth Pan is a better conductor of heat than traditional pans which in turn causes food to cook faster
- Do not allow flames to burn along the sides of the pans
- Use only plastic or wooden utensils
- Do not cut into foods while they are in the pan
- Allow the pan to cool before cleaning – drastic temperature change can result in your pan having thermal shock. This in turn affects the pan’s ceramic coating.
- Hand washing is preferred using green products
- Avoid storing your pans inside one another
DON’T go throwing your Green Earth Pan in the trash if you see a white film over the ceramic surface! This white film may be caused by the buildup of food and/or oil residue – or even possibly, minerals in your water. There’s an easy fix for removing this residue. Simply rub the pan’s surface with lemon juice or vinegar to remove the residue. Then rinse your pan thoroughly.
When making a decision on purchasing cookware – especially sight unseen – it’s hard to justify the price of the cookware. It’s also hard to envision the quality of the cookware. I’m here to tell you that this pan is not light-weight – it has substance to it. It also has a fabulous handle. The handle is easy to hold onto as you’re able to get a great grip on the handle. Cleaning it was a breeze. In this 8″ frying pan – I poached 3 large eggs and could have easily gotten one or two more in the pan:
After the eggs were cooked – I was left with this mess. For whatever reason – no matter what pan one uses – the yuckies from the eggs tend to adhere to the side of the pan.
Simply cleaning the pan with a soft soft scrubbie – and this is how the pan looked after it’s been washed but before drying it. There was no elbow grease what-so-ever involved in cleaning the pan. You can see water droplets – but there’s absolutely no egg residue left in the pan.
All-in-all, I am satisfied with this pan. Ozeri Green Earth Pan featuring Greblon can be purchased at: Amazon.com