Oorooba Ultra Clear Emu Oil Review
I have to admit – before being offered this product to review – I NEVER heard of Emu Oil – never. I had no idea what it was used for. So I did some research before accepting the offer to review the OOROOBA Ultra Clear Emu Oil and said to myself yep, I need to try this product.
Through my research I learned that Emu Oil has a lot of benefits. The first and foremost is that it is used as an anti-inflammatory for muscle and joint pain. Other uses are: for burns, dry skin, psoriasis, eczema, rheumatoid arthritis – to name a few. And believe it or not – one will find it in cosmetics such as moisturizers, eye creams, and hair products.
Now if you’re saying – wait – this is an oil, why would I use it on burns? Well that would be – because as crazy as it may seem – it works similar to tea tree oil does on burns. Want to learn about tea tree oil? Check out this post.
Webmd has it noted:
That Emu oil is taken by mouth for improving cholesterol levels, as a source of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, for weight loss, and as a cough syrup for colds, H1N1 (swine) flu, and flu.
Some people apply emu oil to the skin for relief from sore muscles, aching joints, pain or inflammation, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, shin splints, and gout. It is also used topically to improve healing of wounds, cuts, and burns from radiation therapy; to reduce bruises and stretch marks; to reduce scarring and keloids; to heal surgical wounds caused by removing skin for skin grafts; to reduce redness due to acne; and to soften dry cuticles and promote healthy nails. Emu oil is also used topically for athlete’s foot; diaper rash; canker sores; chapped lips; poor circulation; and skin conditions, including cancer, dry skin, dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, wrinkles or age spots. It is also used to protect skin from sun damage and to promote more youthful looking skin.
Emu oil is also applied to the skin to reduce pain and irritation from shingles, bedsores, hemorrhoids, diabetic nerve pain, insect bites, earaches, eye irritation, “growing pains,” and frostbite. It is used for rashes, razor burn, and nicks.
It’s recommended to use this oil at a rate of 2-3 times a day – applying directly to the site in need. It’s important to note that the area needs to be a clean area due to the emu oil being a bacteriostatic agent – which means that it stops the reproduction of bacteria.
However, should a woman be pregnant or lactating – it is best not to use this as it hasn’t been studied well enough for those individuals in terms of its side effects.
It’s also said that not all Emu Oil is created equal. Below is what you will learn about the:
The OOROOBA Brand
- Has natural anti-inflammatory properties – this particular Emu Oil increases anti-inflammatory activity by up to 45% and supports reduction of swelling more effectively than unprocessed emu oil.
- OOROOBA Ultra Clear Emu Oil will not leave a greasy residue, just a smooth and silky feel
- OUR EMU OIL IS NON-TOXIC, Hypoallergenic and Noncomedogenic (does not clog pores) and is a Non-Ocular Irritant (safe for around the eyes). Gentle enough to be used on the most sensitive of skin types. This emu oil is suitable for cosmetic, medical and pharmaceutical usage. OOROOBA Ultra Clear Emu Oil is 100% all natural and carries the AEA (American Emu Association) Certification Seal for Fully Refined Emu Oil.
- OOROOBA EMU OIL may be helpful with simply moisturizing skin, hair and nails to smoothing wrinkles, supporting anti-inflammation response, soothing sunburned or irritated skin, easing scars and stretch marks, stimulating collagen, fading age spots, easing rosacea, acne, muscles & joints and More!
- REVOLUTIONARY ? ULTRA CLEAR Triple Refined OOROOBA Emu Oil is the most potent form of emu oil now available! Offering enhanced capacity for deep penetration and anti-inflammation, OOROOBA Ultra Clear Emu Oil is clarified to remove even trace amounts of natural solids leaving a totally clear, scent-free pure emu oil. Our emu oil has all the therapeutic benefits of non-clarified emu oil but absorbs more quickly than any other emu oil product, deeply penetrating all seven layers of the dermis and epidermis. Especially perfect for using around the eyes, mouth, face and neck; as well as all parts of the body for general skin care.
- THE QUALITY AND CONSISTENCY of our emu oil is unmatched by any other. The chemical-free refining process utilizing natural clays is recognized as the best in the industry producing a sterile, stable and consistent product. Many emu oil “refiners” use a sub-standard process called molecular distillation while others simply filter their oil through cheesecloth. Both of these methods are terribly inefficient and totally ineffective at producing a safe, consistent, top quality and stable finished product. This makes their product inappropriate for internal applications, such as wound care, acne treatment, as they may contain dangerous bacteria. In addition to safety concerns, emu oil filtered via the inferior molecular distillation process will contain high peroxide levels. This causes the oil to oxidize over a relatively short period of time. This makes their emu oil unsuitable for cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications because the product just isn’t stable. BUYERS BEWARE of inferior emu oil products, look for the Fully Refined/AEA Certified seal on the bottle.
The Oorooba Emu Oil when first applied feels like that of a light suntan oil. It quickly is absorbed by the skin – like almost instantly – leaving the area that it has been applied to feeling silky soft and not greasy. A little of this oil – goes a long way. For instance, I dabbed a drop from the bottle onto the back of my hand and was able to distribute it to both hands – front and back.
And you want to hear something crazy? After I applied it to my hands – one of my cats – she started licking it off. Normally I wouldn’t allow something like this but sometimes animals know things we don’t. If you’ve never tried putting colloidal silver into your pets water and then a bowl of plain water next to it try it. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of the time, they will go for the water with the colloidal silver. It’s kinda like when animals eat grass when their tummies are upset – they just know what is okay.
The color of this oil is a clear cloudy color – but remember – I have never tried another brand so I cannot compare the color of this oil to one I’ve previously used. Though – it’s said that depending on the diet of the Emu – the oil color can vary.
I also was having issues with my shoulder and couldn’t get to the chiropractor for an adjustment (yes, they can fix shoulder issues – often caused by the collar bone being out of place). So I applied this to the area to see if it would help the pain. It did – but not to the point where it took it completely away. That said, I didn’t expect it to completely take the pain away; because my shoulder was in severe pain to the point that I could hardly move it.
All in all – I will continue to use the OOROOBA Ultra Clear Emu Oil. Honestly, I can’t wait to try it on a burn!
OOROOBA Ultra Clear Emu Oil can be purchased at Amazon.com.