One of my dreams is to put all my photos into scrapbooks for my daughter. Okay realistically – I don’t think I could accomplish scrapbooking 50 years worth of photos…but I can dream that I can. I actually wish scrapbooking was something I grew up with – it would be so much easier than starting now – oh well, such is life. I will do what I can and know that I at least gave it a shot! That being said I am going to start with my digital pictures and I am going to let My Memories digital scrapbooking software assist me.
I’ve tried a few programs – just to play around with over the years to create cards, invites and so on; but I found with those programs that every time I upgraded my computer to a different Windows – that software was useless. My Memories isn’t like that. They offer upgrades at a discounted price. Not only that, but if you’re looking to scrapbook a wedding there’s a software just for that – the ‘My Memories Wedding Studio.’ And, there’s also the My Memories Photobook Studio software.
The suite software is quite intensive – but not hard to use. There are over 1500 papers and over 1000 page elements to make your creations. That being said, I had quite the time trying to figure out which elements and papers I wanted to use because I wanted to show you several on one page. I added to the template (on right) the following:
- I cropped each photo
- The scrolls
- The buttons
- The bow on pic 2
- The bottom checkered banner
- The text (Happy Holidays was already on the paper – I just made it smaller and moved it)
- The colored box behind the text (1st pic)
- I rotated the pics
- The blue outline around the pics
- And – I removed a bunch of snowflakes that were on the template to begin with
Don’t want to use their templates? You don’t have to. You can create your own pages from scratch – like the one below. I started with a white slate adding all the elements you see starting with the button in the middle. I then added:
- The style of paper (notice the texture)
- The color I wanted the paper to be
- The Word Art at the top (click the picture – you see the effect I gave it)
- The scalloped frame which I changed to the color I wanted and size
- The flower which I sized and rotated the way I wanted it to be displayed
- And then I had to play around with the Word Art some more (I really like this feature!)
I then exported the page from my album in order to upload it to this review. You can even add music and narration to your creations – which I would have done had I had a good mic.
And should you like to try winning the software? My Memories is giving one of my readers the chance to do so! You can do just that below – Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway