*This is a sponsored post. Product was received to facilitate an honest review. All opinions are those of a FCS team member.
Vitamin D is so important for your body, but many individuals are actually vitamin D deficient. Since my son has been on an anti-seizure med since he was about a month old (he’s now 31), I learned about 10 years ago that that that particular seizure med can cause brittle bones. He is now tested regularly to see where his vitamin D level is at.
His very first vitamin D level test showed that it was a 13, which the normal therapeutic range is between 30-50. He was put on vitamin D with calcitrate. Unfortunately, his body can’t handle the calcitrate so he now gets vit. D3, 5000 IU, every other day. This dosage has been keeping his levels within therapeutic range.
What you need to know if you’re going to take a vitamin D supplement, it’s to your advantage to take vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 opposed to vitamin D2 is absorbed differently in the body. This particular brand, Doctor C’s Own, is the D3 and thus why I chose to review it.
Vitamin D Facts
• Vitamin D is known to be essential for a healthy mind and body.
• Vitamin D Deficiency is linked to 44 different diseases including Obesity, 17 Different Types of Cancer, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Diabetes, Acne, Asthma, Immune System Compromise, Osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, Chronic Pain and Autism. (full list: www.vitamindcouncil.org/health-conditions)
•According to Scientific American 3 out of 4 US teens and adults suffer from Vitamin D deficiency – This means either you or your loved ones are at risk of the consequences!
•Salt Lake City Heart Institute revealed a that Study of 28,000 people in the US finds that patients with low Vitamin D levels are 77% more likely to die vs people with normal Vitamin D levels.
•According to a study published on PubMed- Due to the lack of vitamin D-containing foods, Vitamin D supplements are often necessary to achieve adequate intake.
Did you know that in some countries high doses of vitamin D are given to treat diabetes? I have a friend that I told that to and she requested her doctor give her a higher dose than normal. She found that her blood sugar levels were lower and steadier when she took the higher dose.
Let’s take a look at Dr. C’s Own Vitamin D3 5000 IU capsules.
Do you see on the label that this vitamin D3 is “as cholecalciferol?” The “cholecalciferol” piece is very important when choosing a vitamin D supplement, so make sure you read the supplement label and look for that. This vitamin D3 is safe for Vegetarians
Now, I’ve been taking 5000 IU’s daily, without any issues. I, too, have a low level – a 4. My doctor insists I live in a cave. He’s not too far off on that assumption. I don’t see a lot of daylight hours where I do the night shift for my son. You couple that with the fact that people here in New England don’t absorb the sun’s rays like we should, that creates a low level.
About Dr. C’s Own Vitamin D3
- 5,000IU – Perfect dose to raise your vit D levels. Not too high to cause overdose.
- 100% Vegetarian, Animal-free and Gluten-free Capsules – Safe for Vegetarians, Vegans, Halal, Kosher.
- Only Premium Grade Vitamin D3 – The Natural form of vitamin D made in your body
- Made ONLY in GMP Facilities – Trust that our stuff is 100% safe for you and your family
- All active ingredients are of USP grade and Non-GMO and are tested for identity, purity, and/or strength/Composition, and microbial, and heavy metal presence before they are included in the formula – get 100% what you paid for. NO hidden fillers, impurities or additives.
I am pleased with the Doctor C’s Own vitamin D3 5000 IU supplement. It’s easy to get down and leaves me with no stomach upset. I trust that I am doing good for my body with this supplement.
As with any supplement, you should check with your doctor before consuming one. Some medications/ailments do not mix well with certain vitamin/mineral supplements.